Embedded Firmware Developer
AXIS is a Canadian hardware company creating the next wave of IOT products based on smart and simple design. We’re about inventing new ‘Things’ and re-writing the rules in Hardware! Our flagship product, Gear was launched as a smart device that motorizes and automates existing window coverings in minutes and is controllable via a smartphone. Named as the 2017 Motorized Product of the Year by the Consumer Technology Association, Gear is compatible with roller shades, vertical blinds, curtains and much more – regardless of size or weight.
This is a crucial role deeply involved in product development, and we are looking for candidates with passion for embedded systems, eager to learn and grow, and a deep interest with Smart Home and IoT devices.
- BS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Strong background in embedded C development.
- Strong Experience with ARM Cortex-M microcontrollers.
- Strong Experience with at least one of TI, ST, Cypress, Nordic or similar microcontrollers.
- Experience developing for peripherals such as I2C, SPI, UART, ADC, PWM, etc.
- Experience in hardware bring-up, testing, reading schematics and datasheets
- Proficient in use of lab equipment such as oscilloscopes, power supplies, waveform generators, etc.
- Experience with Git or SVN.
- Meticulous attention to detail, solid problem-solving skills, and eager to constantly learn and grow
Good to have:
- Experience with real-time (RTOS) embedded development
- Experience with Bluetooth LE protocol and development
- Experience with ZigBee, Z-wave or other RF technologies
- Experience in electronic and/or PCB design
- Experience with VHDL or Verilog and small FPGAs.
- Free Coffee!!
- An intimate start-up experience within a small team
- Autonomy and self-directed responsibilities
- Work from home days!