UI/UX Mobile Developer
AXIS is a Canadian hardware company creating the next wave of IoT products based on smart and simple design. We’re about inventing new ‘Things’ and re-writing the rules in Hardware! Our flagship product, Gear was launched as a smart device that motorizes and automates existing window coverings in minutes and is controllable via a smartphone. Named as the 2017 Motorized Product of the Year by the Consumer Technology Association, Gear is compatible with roller shades, vertical blinds, curtains and much more – regardless of size or weight.
Visit us at: https://www.helloaxis.com/
The main responsibility of the UI/UX mobile developer will be to develop and maintain the user interface of both our iOS and Android apps.
The second responsibility of the candidate will be in implementing automated testing for Continuous Integration. The scope of this will include writing and maintaining automated tests for the UI and functionality of the app on both platforms.
The candidate will work with a team of 2 software developers a firmware developer and a design team. We are looking for candidates with flexible skills, willing to constantly learn, and expand their knowledge and skill set as the company grows.
- Experience in mobile development, specifically UI development, portfolio or any projects that can show experience.
- Familiar with Android Studio and Xcode platforms.
- Familiar with Java and Swift/Obj-C programming language.
- Experienced in automated testing, unit testing on both platforms.
- An Engineer or any related background.
- Experienced with SQL database.
- Knowledge with Bluetooth Low Energy will be a bonus.
- Knowledge with cloud service like Amazon cloud service, google API etc will be a bonus.
- Knowledge of any Device Farm platform or service will be a bonus.
- 1-2 years of work experience or similar amount in project portfolio
- Health and dental insurance
- Flexible work environment focused on results not hours
- joining a startup in rapid growth stage with plenty of opportunity for professional career growth